stuff i learned about the brain today

28 Feb
  1. Exercise is good; learning is neutral; stress is bad.  I would venture to say that my hippocampus isn’t doing so hot.
  2. Contrary to popular belief, epilepsy is not caused by demonic possession, hysteria, or masturbation.
  3. FDR had epilepsy.  Chief Justice Roberts has epilepsy.  I think we can, therefore, elect a president with MS.  Bartlet for America.  (Maybe I should stop living in a drama that has now been off the air for several years.)
  4. I think I may have come across a good number of people with behavioral variant frontotemporal degeneration (symptoms include: loss of insight, inappropriate behavior, perseveration, inflexible behavior, overeating)…sounds like most medical students (kidding, kidding).
Advertisements

6 Responses to “stuff i learned about the brain today”

1. Jon February 28, 2011 at 11:04 pm #

Live the dream! Bartlett for President! Even if he already did his two terms…

• Eric February 28, 2011 at 11:24 pm #

Bartlet for America!

• annaojesus March 1, 2011 at 1:59 am #

YES!!! Thanks for the correction(s), friend!

• annaojesus March 1, 2011 at 1:58 am #

well, if FDR can get re-elected, oh, six or seven times (WW season III, “Dead Irish Writers”), I think we can overlook the 22nd amendment…so glad I have your support!

2. Anant Agarwalla March 1, 2011 at 12:55 pm #

You know, the funny thing is I had the EXACT same thought when I saw this lecture.

• annaojesus March 1, 2011 at 1:14 pm #

yeah! great minds think alike…and fools never differ!